I am 100% the definition of “it’s the little things”, I get excited about the most ridiculous things. I started writing this list around midday to put down as a caption for my daily photo but I thought it might be nice to add it on here too and it's kind of perfect for this recipe.
Exciting things that have happened today:
- While I couldn’t sleep last night (this was like 3 am so it counts) I was browsing the web for a scarf that I’d seen in a shop and I found out THEY DO IT IN GREY.
- It’s only 12 and I’ve already had a mini make-coffee-dance-party which is a very important part of the day.
- I’ve been watching a Christmas film and painting a t-shirt for work, I’m half way through and so far it looks way better than I expected.
- I just came up with a subtle Christmas t-shirt/jumper design.
- My friend just had a baby and every few days since he was born she’s been sending me photo updates, she just sent me a few more and it just makes my day.
- I tried cashew milk in my hot chocolate for the first time today and I’m a fan.
- I broke out my first Christmas mug of the year, it has a little gingerbread house on the side.
- Leftover excitement from yesterday; alpro came out with dairy free ice cream and two of the flavours are soy free and I found them in tesco yesterday. I picked up the last tub of hazelnut chocolate, had a £1 off coupon and tried it last night while I watched a Christmas film; so good!
- ALSO once upon a time season 5 marathon in t minus 36 hours, after a year of waiting I am SO ready for this.
175ml/¾ cup of coffee
235ml/1 cup of milk
2 tsp honey/agave syrup
2 tbsp desiccated/flaked coconut
2 tbsp chia seeds
Handful of sunflower seeds
Handful of cherries and blueberries
Place the oats, coffee, milk, honey, coconut and chia seeds in a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally until the liquids have been absorbed. Serve in bowls or mugs, top with sunflower seeds, berries and chocolate shavings.
Serves 1-2 people, depending on how hungry you are.